We Walk and Train Your Dog
We spoil you and your dog while teaching you everything you need to know about dogs needs and care.
This choice provides an alternative to board and train, your dog stays where they belong, with you. We do most of the training; you just have to be available for brief demonstrations and problem solving. You’ll be training Fido too, but with our coaching and counseling. The following are brief descriptions of all the things you and your dog/s can learn:
- Dog friendly training methods include, luring, shaping, capturing and targeting, using marker training, clicker is optional
- The ABC’s of training, antecedent, behavior, consequence
- How to apply reward markers and non-reward markers (if necessary)
- Toy training
- Walk and Train Adventures
- Training includes foundation behaviors, orienting and attending responses (focus), sit-stay and down-stay, controlled loose lead walking and reliable recalls and more
- Socialization to people and dogs
- Introduction to different types of environments, samples are local parks (including state parks), dog friendly restaurants, downtown, farmers markets, St. Armands Circle, Siesta Key Village, Ellenton Outlet Mall, Legacy Trail, banks, anywhere friendly, well-behaved dogs are welcome
- Manners at doors
- Greeting unfamiliar people and dogs
- Understand what motivates your dog
- How to effectively communicate with your dog
- Learn what your dog is communicating
- Learn how your dog thinks and views their world
- Learn about and use tools helpful in managing your dog during training.
- We won’t recommend prong collars, choke (correction) collars or shock collars
- Learn management strategies useful in controlling the training environment
- Learn how to be pro-active and prevent unwanted behavior
- Learn how to focus on what your dog does right, reward that, not what they’re doing wrong
Want to know more?
If you’re ready to get started complete our Contact Form to arrange our “get to know each other visit” lasting 1.5 – 2 hours. During this visit, we get to know each other, meet and assess your dog/s individual needs. If we decide we are good fit, we begin working together to accomplish your goals.