Welcome to Responsible Dog & Cat
Training and Behavior Solutions, LLC
Understanding dogs envisioning their perspective potentially provides a more interesting relationship and bond.
For every dog whose life could be improved, there is probably also an owner who is struggling with a dog that is beyond their ability to train. My passion in life, honed through education, is to help the individuals on both ends of the leash.
Joyce Kesling, CDBC, ACCBC
Certified Dog Behavior Consultant/Specialist
Associate Certified Cat Behavior Consultant/Specialist
Professional Dog Trainer
Sarasota, Bradenton, Manatee, Lakewood Ranch, Palmetto, Ellenton, Osprey, Nokomis, Venice
Responsible Dog and Cat – Training and Behavior Solutions, LLC. Joyce Kesling is a certified dog behavior specialist, certified cat behavior (associate) specialist, and professional dog trainer, specializing in canine and feline behavior. Our specialty is puppy training and education, aggression, phobias, separation anxiety/distress, house-training, jumping, biting/mouthing, barking, escape/roaming. We specialize in teaching how to communicate with your dog in positive ways and relationship building.
Training should be fun for both you and your dog! I use effective and humane positive reward dog training methods recommended by the American Animal Hospital Associations 2015 Canine and Feline Behavior Management Guidelines, the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior: AVSAB, and American College of Veterinary Behaviorists: ACVB.
We may recommend your pet be thoroughly checked by your veterinarian before scheduling a behavior consult.
Responsible Dog and Cat LLC is owned by Joyce Kesling, certified member of International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants in dog and cat behavior. To review IAABC go here http://iaabc.org/about, review our code of ethics here http://iaabc.org/about/ethics . Find members using the international member locator here http://iaabc.org/consultants .
Need to know what criteria to look for when Choosing Your Dog Trainer or Behavior Consultant Guidelines?
Professional Dog Training and Behavior Solutions:
What we offer:
- Puppy Training Our Wellness™ Program (Inquire via Contact Us )
- Training Adolescents and Adult Dogs Our Wellness™ Program (Inquire via Contact Us )
- Puppy Training (Inquire via Contact Us )
- Dog Training Manners (Inquire via Contact Us )
- Dog Obedience Skills (Inquire via Contact Us )
- Day Training Programs (Inquire via Contact Us for Any Exceptions)
- Behavior problem solving and prevention training (Inquire via Contact Us for Any Exceptions)
- Specially designed behavior and training plans for all problem behavior (Inquire via Contact Us )
- We teach you to understand normal dog behavior, avoiding harmful myths and unproven anecdotal methods, your teacher is certified in dog behavior
- Dog Behavior Consultation and Behavior Assessment – private appointment (Inquire via Contact Us )
- Telephone consultations – 1 hour, scheduled appointment only
- Cat behavior problem solving and training – Associate Certified Cat Behavior Consultant (Inquire via Contact Us ) accepting only limited cases
What we do:
- promote pet friendly training methods
- enhance your individual pets overall welfare and quality of life
- help owners resolve behavior problems
- use proven accepted behavioral science
Our goal is helping you resolve undesirable behavior problems i.e. pulling on lead, jumping, barking, chewing, digging, house-training, socialization, manners in public and play behavior.
We believe this to be the path to successful relationships!
“Play and training are not contrary, but rather complimentary, dogs and puppies who have not learned that play and training are synonymous will not be willing participants in training because motivationally they are both necessary for success.” Hediger said, “good training is disciplined play” (1955/1968).
Complex behavior problems include canine and human directed aggression, inappropriate guarding behavior, anxieties, fears, phobias, sibling rivalry, multi-dog or other species aggression, predatory behavior. A behavior consultation, assessment and observation of your pet is necessary.
We accept Venmo, Zelle, checks and cash payments
Responsible Dog and Cat carries liability insurance for yours and our protection. Coverage includes dog training, behavior modification, kenneling, and daycare.
We provide the most effective training and behavior plans based on your individual needs. We use only dog friendly training keeping in mind your dog’s behavioral wellness and on-going welfare.
Training and behavior assessments are not guaranteed. It is ethically ineffective and inappropriate to guarantee or profess an ability to predict future behavior of any living animal. Behavior is not static but is always under the influence of one’s environment and environmental conditions are always subject to change. It is for this condition that we cannot guarantee any training or behavior outcomes. Success is entirely up to you and you should consider this your responsibility.