Welcome to Responsible Dog & Cat
Training and Behavior Solutions, LLC
Joyce Kesling, CDBC, ACCBC
Certified Dog Behavior Specialist
Associate Certified Cat Behavior Specialist
Professional Dog Trainer
Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, Palmetto, Ellenton, Osprey, Nokomis, Venice
Responsible Dog and Cat – Training and Behavior Solutions, LLC. Joyce Kesling is a certified dog behavior specialist, certified cat behavior (associate) specialist, and professional dog trainer, specializing in canine and feline behavior. Our specialty is aggression dog-dog and dog-human, phobias, separation anxiety, house-training, jumping, biting/mouthing, barking, escape/roaming. We specialize in teaching how to communicate with your dog/s.
Training should be fun for both you and your dog! I use effective and humane positive dog training methods recommended by the American Animal Hospital Associations 2015 Canine and Feline Behavior Management Guidelines, the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior: AVSAB, and American College of Veterinary Behaviorists: ACVB.
We may recommend your pet be thoroughly checked by your veterinarian before scheduling a behavior consult. Read why here http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/healthandbehavior.html.
Responsible Dog and Cat LLC is owned by Joyce Kesling, certified member of International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants in dog and cat behavior. To review IAABC go here http://iaabc.org/about, review our code of ethics here http://iaabc.org/about/ethics . Find members using the international member locator here http://iaabc.org/consultants .
Need to know what criteria to look for when Choosing Your Dog Trainer or Behavior Consultant Guidelines?
Professional Dog Training and Behavior Solutions:
What we offer:
- Puppy Training Our Wellness™ Program
- Training Adolescents and Adult Dogs Our Wellness™ Program
- Service Dog and Therapy Dog Training
- Puppy Training
- Dog Training Manners
- Dog Obedience Skills
- Day Training Programs
- Dog Board & Train
- Pet Sitting
- Dog Walking
- Behavior problem solving and prevention training
- Specially designed behavior and training plans for all problem behavior
- We teach you to understand normal dog behavior, avoiding harmful myths and unproven anecdotal methods, your teacher is certified in dog behavior
- Dog Daycare provides supervised opportunities for your dog to continue learning acceptable manners, dog communication and interactive skills, and is helpful for dogs who need to improve social skills and manners
- Dog Boarding provides supervised opportunities for your dog to continue learning acceptable manners, dog communication and interactive skills, and helpful for dogs who need to improve their social skills and manners
- Dog Behavior Consultation and Behavior Assessment – private appointment
- Telephone consultations – 1 hour, scheduled appointment only
- Cat behavior problem solving and training – Associate Certified Cat Behavior Consultant
What we do:
- promote pet friendly training methods
- enhance your individual pets overall welfare and quality of life
- help owners resolve behavior problems
- use proven accepted behavioral science
Our goal is helping you resolve undesirable behavior problems i.e. jumping, barking, chewing, digging, house-training, socialization and play behavior.
Complex behavior problems include aggression, anxieties, fears, phobias, sibling rivalry, multi-dog or other species aggression. A behavior consultation, assessment and observation of your pet is necessary.
Responsible Dog and Cat offers Sarasota, Manatee County, Bradenton dog boarding with special training options, specialized dog daycare designed to improve social skills, and your pet’s emotional and physiological wellness.
We accept credit cards, checks and cash payments
Responsible Dog and Cat carries liability insurance for yours and our protection. Coverage includes dog training, behavior modification, kenneling, and daycare.
We provide the most effective training and behavior plans based on your individual needs. We use only dog friendly training keeping in mind your dog’s behavioral wellness and on-going welfare.
Training and behavior assessments are not guaranteed. It is ethically ineffective and inappropriate to guarantee or profess an ability to predict future behavior of any living animal. Behavior is not static but is always under the influence of one’s environment and environmental conditions are always subject to change. It is for this condition that we cannot guarantee any training or behavior outcomes. Success is entirely up to you and you should consider this your responsibility.